Group Account Director
Media | New York, NY | Full Time
Group Account Director leads the media team’s activities on specific client account(s), to achieve client and agency objectives. As this agency grows, we are seeking Group Account Directors that can grow into agency wide operational functions. Reports directly to the COO.
- Sets a high bar for creativity, strategic rigor.
- Calm and organize staff facing challenges.
- Inspire proactivity when teams are comfortable.
- Defer credit to the people you manage.
- Notify agency owners of opportunities to inspire staff, engage clients, improve agency policies.
- In sea of senior opinions subject matter expert peers and agency owners bosses giving opinions on work, call the play, merchandise it, see it executed well.
- When teams get negative about clients. Make it stop.
- Accurately predict staff requirements for new scopes, sell them, get them renewed.
- Predict opportunities and concerns, determine best course of action, take it independently, unless it’s best to get approval. Know when.
- Be essential to your most senior client’s boss.
- Know how important decisions get made in your client’s bureaucracy. Affect them.
- Be a category expert for every industry you work in.
- Make media choices feel like business changing choices. Ideally change client’s business for the better.
- Give media staff higher-level client perspectives.
- Grows accounts, win new business, execute industry recognized great work and case studies.
- Push for business impact, thoroughness, creativity, defendable rationale in media work reviews.
- Be a more challenging review at then clients and agency partners.
- Be a stand in for Comms Strategy, Media Planning and Buying leaders and either be able to replicate their voice in meetings or pull them in.
- Advise agency owners that have never run an agency this size on process, staffing, structure, policies, and business strategy.
- 12+ years years experience with a demonstrated track record of winning accounts and growing advertising or media accounts.
- Experience managing or at least responsible for the output for 20+ people. 40+ or more preferred.
- If your background is at creative agencies, have meaningful exposure to media work.
- If your background is at media agencies, have meaningful exposure to creative work.
- Eagerness to get in the weeds when necessary.
- Judgment and delegation skills to have the greatest affect on most important things
- Confidence, humility, wit, charm, passion, perspective, and be someone others want to work with and for.