Associate Media Director
Media | New York, NY | Full Time
The Associate Media Director acts as the day-to-day media team lead, providing leadership, strategic direction and input for media plans and buys. The AMD also serves as a brand and account lead, interacting with the client on a regular basis and helping to manage client and creative team relationships. The position will manage a team of reports including supervisors and planners. Alongside running the account, you will delegate plan and campaign management responsibilities to ensure the most effective use of team talent.
- Lead multiple accounts across integrated media strategy, planning and buying
- Work alongside internal strategy team to develop comms plans and objectives to align with the client’s marketing direction and brand goals
- Translate that strategy into an approved, award-worthy media plan
- Responsible for directing the core planning team to help fuel their learning and advancement. Lead by example to ensure they understand various media channels, and their applications against client strategies and goals.
- Maintains thorough, up-to-date client relationships, including knowledge of client’s business (market share, business priorities, key competitor strategies, etc.). Establish and grow client relationships by demonstrating an understanding of industry and client business issues
- Report into a Media Director or Group Director, keeping them abreast of day-to-day status and flagging and elevating any concerns.
- Manage team of supervisors / planners / assistant planners across multiple accounts
Campaign Execution & Maintenance
- Monitors campaign timelines to ensure proper progression of media buys, such as timely issuance and receipt of client authorizations, delivery of paperwork to vendors, specs to creative agencies, delivery of creative assets to vendors, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing creation and maintenance of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicles.
- Using multiple sources of external data, perform campaign analysis directly relevant to, and to assist in, optimizations, planning, and/or buying decisions.
- Monitors media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight-date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Maintain the workload of the team across multiple brands, delegating tasks and monitoring individual responsibilities to ensure the most effective use of individual and team skills. Mentor and delegate to Supervisor and Media Planners to grow their knowledge base and expand individual management skills.
- At least 5-6 years experience at a media agency, with integrated hands-on planning experience (including buying, implementation, analytics, and optimization).
- Experience managing a Media Supervisor and/or Media Planner
- Experience allocating and managing plans and budgets across multiple media channels preferred.
- Working knowledge of ad servers and Google Analytics required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize with multiple projects and clients with different timelines and deliverables.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills required.
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal/professional relationship with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
- Demonstrated command of Media Research resources, capabilities and limitations.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights and how to put insights into action.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some travel and after hours and work may be required.