Assistant Broadcast Buyer
Media | New York, NY | Full Time
The Assistant Buyer assists in the development of effective, innovative, and strategic solutions and is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and execution of approved media plans. The Assistant Buyer also provides support to key team members in daily account management. Reports directly to Outdoor or TV Supervisors.
Account & Client Management
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of assigned media (flowchart updating, billing issues, budget revisions, post-buy analyses, etc.). Maintains detailed and accurate records. Monitors media agreements and contracts with outside media vendors.
- Produces work that delivers on client goals and gains industry recognition for its creativity and results. Constantly seeks and creates creative opportunities in both media choice and usage to increase visibility/impact.
- Works closely with the Media Supervisors in the development and direction of media strategies and POV’s. Conducts media research, brainstorms, evaluates data, and develops points of view. Understands various media and their applications against client strategies and goals.
- Works to understand client’s business (market share, business priorities, key competitor strategies, etc.).
- Communicates effectively with Media Planning team, keeping them abreast of day-to-day buying status and flagging and elevating any concerns.
Vendor & Media Evaluation
- Evaluates broadcast, cable, outdoor locations, etc. for their relevance in accomplishing client’s strategic goals.
- Evaluates inventory against audience segments for a range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach target audience.
- Stays abreast of key developments/trends/issues in media (e.g., population, demographic, lifestyle, media usage changes).
- Maintains effective relationships with media vendors, ensuring Noble People is represented in a positive way.
Campaign Execution & Maintenance
- Assists Media Planning Team to ensure proper progression of media buys, such as timely issuance and receipt of client authorizations, delivery of paperwork to vendors, specs to creative agencies, delivery of creative assets to vendors, etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicles.
- Using multiple sources of external data, performs campaign analysis directly relevant to, and to assist in, optimizations, planning, and/or buying decisions.
- Implements, traffics, troubleshoots, and analyzes digital campaigns using a third party ad server.
- Monitors media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight-date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of media planning and buying preferred.
- Aptitude for learning new skills is essential.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize with multiple projects, clients with different timelines and deliverables.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication skills required.
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal / professional relationship with employees, vendors, clients, etc.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer insights and how to put insights into action.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some travel and after hours and work required.