Assistant Community Manager
Community Management | Culver City, CA | Part Time
We are NextSpace Coworking + Innovation, a pioneer and leader in the exciting coworking industry. Our community is comprised of many independent professionals, entrepreneurs, freelancers and remote workers, out to make a living on their our own terms. At NextSpace, we forge connections, cultivate relationships, and provide the professional office space where it all happens. We’re building America’s most valued independent worker member organization---empowering our members, our economy and our society.
Assistant Community Manager
The Assistant Community Manager has the responsibility of supporting our Community Managers. We need to keep our facility running smoothly and our community friendly and collaborative. The community manager has the privilege and responsibility of ensuring that the most innovative companies in the region have a friendly, collaborative atmosphere where businesses can thrive and work together. Your role will be to help out by:
- Providing administrative office support such as mail handling, phone support, and tours
- Providing events support for fun and creative activities
- Playing a vital role in the development of successful, cutting-edge startups
We’re looking for a someone who is experienced in managing a facility, managing a community, and keeping sales rolling into your space. You will essentially be running your own small business, so there’s not much you won’t be doing. We need someone who can wear many hats (actually, all of the hats), and do it with flexibility and good humor. We are looking for:
- A people person: You have to love people. We can’t stress this enough. The assistant community manager must engage their community with a smile and friendly demeanor every day. The ability to create a community requires a highly sociable and diplomatic person who is comfortable being assertive and friendly at the same time.
- An experienced salesperson: You will need to be engaged with sales every day, from touring and selling offices, to just being a friendly face at the front desk.
- A motivated problem solver: This job requires the ability to resolve many unique problems. We need a person who can resolve those issues without micromanagement or constant supervision.
While there are no specific degrees or certifications required for this position, there is a lot of experience that will put you ahead of other applicants. Some desired experience is:
- Real Estate Management or Apartment Management
- Community Building positions
- Sales Management positions
- Events Management
- Coworking Management
- Municipal and/or Gym Management
This position is compensated with a salary of $20.19 per hour. When you start, your hours will be capped at 20 hours a week, but can increase to 25 if you prove yourself a vital asset. Full time positions at increased salary are sometimes available and assistant community managers will be the first people called on for that list. Oh, and you get to take your birthday off. So if you are, indeed, awesome, you’ve got an exciting future here!