Student Aid Specialist (contract, internship)
Customer Engagement | New York, NY | Part Time, Contract, and Internship
What is NextGenVest?
NextGenVest is the Money Mentor for every student. We provide on-demand help on how to pay for college over text message. Each year, 1.4 million students overpay for college and leave $2.7 Billion in free federal aid unclaimed. Our Money Mentors, part of our Customer Engagement team, is like a personal financial assistant who will help fill out financial aid paperwork, find scholarships, negotiate tuition and more.
As a NextGenVest Student Aid Specialist Intern, you'll be making a positive impact on students and help them by getting them the most accurate information about process of paying for college! And bonus: this can all be done remotely from your own bedroom. Think this is for you? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Ensure our database of college, scholarship, and financial aid information is current, accurate, and tagged correctly (yes, we’ll teach you this!)
- Communicate key financial skills and concepts that you will be trained on through NextGenVest’s text message software
- Research and organize information for unique student situations and questions
- Work side-by-side with our Money Mentor team to determine what’s best for our student customers
- Be available for shifts at least 16hrs/week (over 3-4 days) between 8am-12am (but you get to choose your shifts according to your schedule!)
- Deliver on expected weekly/monthly metrics
Who you are:
- You have demonstrated success in research, data mining, and/or data entry
- You are extremely detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis
- You have applied for or you have a deep knowledge of financial aid and scholarships yourself (so that you can relate to current high school students going through a similar process)
- Have an interest in learning more about student financial aid products
- You have a typing speed of at least 55 words per minute
- You have great time management skills and can operate with little directive after training/instruction
- Bonus points if you've also done or are currently doing work study as an undergraduate and/or have experience tutoring/mentoring other students
Perks and benefits
- You will be paid based on Service Points, which are based on the amount of times you deliver value to a student
- The average Student Aid Specialist makes upwards of $400 every two weeks. You set your own schedule. More output = more $$$!
- You’ll develop your mentorship skills, as well as your understanding of education-related financial policy and student loans with our unique online training programs
- Must be available at least 16 hour a week covering your own selected 1 hour shifts between 8am-12am
- Work from home, anywhere in the United States
- Own a computer with high-functioning internet capabilities