Financial Aid Workshop Leader Internship
Growth | Houston | Part Time
Check out our Workshop Leader internship overview below!
NextGenVest is the Money Mentor for every student. Each year, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loan debt and yet they leave $2.7 Billion in free federal aid unclaimed.
Our Money Mentors are powered by NextGenVest's technology and act as your personal financial assistant, available nights and weekends (for free) over text message. We help students fill out the FAFSA, find scholarships, negotiate college tuition, develop student loan repayment plan, create customized budgets and prepare for the future!
Our Workshop Leader Interns work with local high school students, teachers and administrators to understand the impact that student loans, financial aid and scholarships have on the higher education experience. The Workshop Leader conducts free, engaging discussions with students on a variety of topics, including: FAFSA, Award Letters, Scholarships, Personal Statements, Budgeting and Leadership.
• Learn valuable professional communication and public speaking skills.
• Directly impact thousands of students in your community.
• Receive training on key topics to better understand our mission.
• Develop a national network of like-minded peers who are interested in pursuing careers in education, finance, business, marketing and/or communications.
• Facilitate in-class workshops at high schools in your community to pair students with Money Mentors.
• Build support for our mission of helping thousands of low to middle income students across the country by making
information on the financial aid process more accessible and easier to understand.
• Help students make smarter financial decisions overall.
• Must be a current student (Undergrad or Graduate level). You must have gone through the financial aid and student
loan process before.
• Ability to work 7 to 10 hours per week in at least 2 hour blocks and attend monthly 30 minute trainings via Google
• Any major can apply. Must have minimum GPA of 2.5.
• Authorized to work legally in the United States.
• Advice and mentorship session with senior leaders at NextGenVest!
• Be featured in articles such as Forbes, CNN Money, HuffPost and more!
• A clear career path with opportunity to develop new skills, gain higher pay and higher level positions.
• A free NextGenVest t-shirt!
This is a base plus performance role, meaning your compensation is based on the number of workshops you conduct and the results:
• $15 per workshop (5+ workshops per week)
• PLUS $1 per student sign with a Money Mentor (150 students = $150)
• $10 per teacher referral bonus
• $20 per Workshop Leader referral bonus
Our most successful Workshop Leader Interns are enthusiastic, self-starters with a passion for helping others. They are campus leaders with a mission-driven mindset and excited about learning new skills with a national organization. Does this sound like you? Complete our short application to speak to a recruiter now!