Financial Aid Workshop Leader-Full Time Contractor in Chicago
Growth | Chicago, IL | Full Time and Contract
NextGenVest is the Money Mentor for every student. Each year, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loan debt and yet they leave $2.7 Billion in free federal aid unclaimed.
Our Money Mentors are powered by NextGenVest's technology and act as your personal financial assistant, available nights and weekends (for free) over text message. We help students fill out the FAFSA, find scholarships, negotiate college tuition, develop student loan repayment plan, create customized budgets and prepare for the future!
Are you a Grad Student, Substitute Teacher, Former Guidance Counselor, or recent college graduate looking for immediate employment?
NextGenVest is seeking a full time Workshop Leader in Chicago immediately! This will be a contract position that will last 2 months. Our Workshop Leader will work with local high school students, teachers and administrators to understand the impact that student loans, financial aid and scholarships have on the higher education experience. The Workshop Leader conducts free, engaging discussions with students on a variety of topics, including: FAFSA, Award Letters, Scholarships, Personal Statements, Budgeting and Leadership.
• Facilitate in-class workshops at high schools in your community to pair students with Money Mentors.
• Build support for our mission of helping thousands of low to middle income students across the country by making
information on the financial aid process more accessible and easier to understand.
• Help students make smarter financial decisions overall.
• Must have attended college and have gone through the financial aid and student
loan process before.
• Ability to attend monthly 30 minute trainings via Google
• Authorized to work legally in the United States