Visual Designer (Marketing)
Creative | Emeryville, CA | Full Time and Temp to Perm
ABOUT NEXON MARKETING/CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT
At Nexon, games are more than a business, and marketing them isn’t just about selling stuff. For us, creative assets for marketing mobile games should get players excited and draw them into each game’s unique world. It’s an experience that starts with their very first interaction with our game—whether it’s a display ad or a launch trailer—and continues with every interaction they have with our game. Our creative decisions are informed by both brand values and performance metrics in equal parts. Unified marketing creative should tell a story to captivate players with every visual asset they encounter and expand their experience of the game. Every interaction with our work should inspire Nexon customers to be passionate game fans and loyal brand advocates.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to be a core participant on the Nexon marketing creative team, responsible for supporting creative development and execution of assets for marketing channels including brand identity, platform store assets, user acquisition, community, events, and swag. You may also support project creative leads with concept and design explorations for app icons, App Store screens, logos, key art, and brand design toolkits. We’re looking for highly skilled design chops with a natural talent and vision for graphic design, identity, layout, image development, color theory, and typography. The right candidate works fluidly in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
Our Visual Designer will thrive in a collaborative environment but also dig into projects individually and participate in critique discussions on the merits of the work. You work and play well with others on the team, receive and share criticism professionally and supportively, and interact effectively with internal clients and developers. This Visual Designer will bring fresh imagination and state-of-the-art skills, take direction from senior team members, and act as an integrated member of our fast-paced marketing team. They will bring a point of view to back up their talent and seamlessly add their abilities to our growing creative team.
(Extra points for added skills in 2D or 3D illustration, modeling, animation, or video editing.)
- Develop concepts and designs for User Acquisition advertising team
- Support visual asset creation for the Community team
- Concept and create logos, app icons and App Store game screens
- Build presentation decks, video end slates, swag and internal design needs
- Other duties as assigned
- A portfolio that blows our minds
- 3-5 years of relevant design experience as part of an agency or in-house creative team
- Games industry and/or entertainment industry related marketing creative experience (or an amazing portfolio that convinces us you’ll adapt quickly)
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- BA/BS in graphic design, illustration, digital media, or work experience equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and general operation of Mac platform equipment.
- Game Industry or game related experience
- Familiarity with mobile games and video game marketing, specifically
- Image manipulation working with existing creative files or game imagery
- Experience with graphic design, layout, typography
- Able to work on assigned projects and take direction/feedback from Creative leadership
- Experience with A/B testing and performance marketing
- A strong team player, passionate, committed and a high level of initiative and energy
Additionally Beneficial Skills
- Experience doing motion graphics and/or video editing
- Website design and upkeep skills
- Ability to work with a designer’s eye in PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Illustration Skills (mostly for storyboards)
PLEASE, DON'T FORGET TO SHARE YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO TO BE CONSIDERED.
Our office is located in Emeryville, California —the Emery-Go-Round stops right outside. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To all 3rd party recruiting agencies: Nexon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Nexon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.