Sr. Manager/Director - HR Business Partner (Nexon / Pixelberry)
Human Resources | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Nexon M is a mobile game publisher based in Emeryville, CA. Founded in 2013, Nexon focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game “DomiNations”, and Pixelberry, maker of top-grossing game “Choices: Stories you Play”
Nexon M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000′s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Sr. Manager/Director - HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources Team supporting our Bay Area Studios. An ideal candidate will have both large, corporate HR experience and start up experience with an ability to think both strategically and broadly, but capable and willing to take a hands-on, roll-up-your sleeves approach to tackle multiple, competing priorities.
What you can expect to do in your new gig:
- Provide full-cycle business partner support to our Gaming studios – Nexon M and Pixelberry Studios
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the organizations
- Proactively assess business and org performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach
- Partner closely with HQ Centers of Excellence to implement and drive processes and programs to enhance company performance along with employee’s workplace experience
- Partner closely with business leaders in all areas of Human Resources, including but not limited to, Change Management, Leadership Development, Employee Relations, Immigration, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation Planning, and Goal Setting
- Advise business leaders on various organizational and employee matters that arise in the course of employment
- Build and maintain successful and trusted client relationships with business leaders and their teams
- Coach and develop Human Resources Team
Skills & Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience as a Senior HR professional
- 2+ experience as a people manager
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field
- Solid understanding and exposure in all areas of HR, including, Change Management, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Performance Management, Talent & Succession Planning, Leadership Development
- Experience developing and executing org design and communication strategies
- Solid knowledge and understanding of federal and state employment laws
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet key deadlines and goals
- Excellent judgement and quick thinking
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Experience working in Gaming, Entertainment, or High Tech preferred
Note: Travel will be necessary between studios (Emeryville and Mountain View)
Our office is located in Emeryville, California —the Emery-Go-Round stops right outside. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.
Nexon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
To all 3rd party recruiting agencies: Nexon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Nexon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.