Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Platform Engineering | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Nexon M is a mobile game publisher based in Emeryville, CA. Founded in 2013, Nexon focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game “DomiNations”, and Pixelberry, maker of top-grossing game “Choices: Stories you Play”
Nexon M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000′s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform Engineering Team, as part of the Nexon Lab. You will be part of a group of world-class engineers, analytics team, product managers, and our international dev team to collaborate in co-developing products that will be leveraged by million of users across our games portfolio. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of developing, implementing, and evangelizing our technology initiatives within the company and with our developers.
- Design and develop key client and server systems, APIs, applications, and tools.
- Provide code reviews for team members.
- Contribute to the architecture of new features and extensible systems.
- Contribute to key technical discussions.
- Drive performance monitoring, tuning, and optimization.
- Play an important role in improving team's technical capabilities and efficiency.
- Reinforce and promote best practices.
- At least 5 years of software industry experience
- Hands-on experience with ETL development
- Experience with core tech / platform development
- Experience with highly scalable Asynchronous systems
- Experience with designing and implementing complex systems based on microservice architecture
- Expert in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Go, Scala
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
B.S. Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field preferred
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple and optimal solutions.
- Strong coding abilities; writing clean, maintainable, bug-free code
- Ability to learn different technologies and programming languages quickly
- Solid computer science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design/architecture
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assist other software engineers in problem solving.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
Our office is located in Emeryville, California —the Emery-Go-Round stops right outside. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.
Nexon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
To all 3rd party recruiting agencies: Nexon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Nexon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.