Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
NEXON M is a mobile game publisher based in Emeryville. Founded in 2013, NEXON M focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game DomiNations; and Particle City.
NEXON M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to work with a talented, proven team on Nexon data analytics engine. The Sr. Software Engineer is a full stack engineer responsible for all aspects of developing, implementing, and evangelizing our technology initiatives within the company.
- Development of key client and server systems
- Break down large and complex tasks involving multiple components into deliverables
- Play an important role in improving team's technical capabilities and efficiency
- Contribute to the architecture of new features and extensible systems
- Follows software development best practices: Source control, unit tests, requirements gathering, documentation
- Collaborate with engineering team members
- Solid computer science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design/architecture
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assist other software engineers in problem solving
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task
- Very strong communication skills and a collaborative approach
- At least 5+ years software development experience
- Solid Engineering skills on at least 2 languages: Python, C/C++, Go, C#/Java
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS and related technologies
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Server development and operations
- Application and client software development
- Passion for getting things done, and writing great software
Nice to Have
- Database development experience (MySQL, PostGres)
- Linux Development
- Mobile development skills: IOS, Android, Unity, Unreal
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/HTTP)
- Sound understanding of CI/CD build and deployment toolchains.
This is a full-time position with NEXON M (nexonm.com). Our office is located in Emeryville—the Emery-Go-Round stops right outside. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.