Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Marketing | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
NEXON M is a mobile game publisher and developer based in Emeryville, CA. Founded in 2013, NEXON M focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game DomiNations, and Particle City.
NEXON M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000′s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
The Senior Digital Marketing Manager will own, develop, maintain, and drive our CRM efforts across the Nexon M portfolio of games. The manager will work across teams to implement, measure, and improve our email marketing campaigns, ASO, and SEO. In this new role, the manager will be responsible for evaluating and recommending marketing automation tools, setting up campaigns with marketing and product teams, implementing campaigns, and measuring & reporting results.
We’re excited to grow this area of marketing at Nexon M into a valuable channel for retention and incremental revenue.
- Responsible for developing and executing direct marketing initiatives that engage, retain and convert our fans.
- Own our overall email marketing strategy and campaign execution; partner with Product and Product Marketing teams to align email campaigns with game milestones and marketing campaign calendar.
- Collaborate with Creative and Product Marketing teams to develop high-performing creative assets/emails.
- Manage all running campaigns and work cross functionally to improve their performance.
- Develop KPIs with Product, Product Marketing, UA, and Analytic teams to measure performance of campaigns with goal of improving Game performance (e.g. retention/churn, incremental revenue).
- Track, measure, and analyze email performance including creating detailed performance reports, campaign insights, recommendations and rationale for optimization.
- Design, create and execute A/B tests on an ongoing basis to improve email performance.
- Develop lifecycle recommendations including triggered emails with Product and Development teams.
- Drive growth by owning and optimizing our ASO efforts plus assisting in web SEO needs. Own ASO agency relationship, partner with Product Marketing on ASO goals and calendar, and develop ongoing tests to improve our organic growth.
- Proven strategic thinking, analytical, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly analytical and creative at the same time.
- Proven track record of executing email campaigns that drive conversions and minimize churn.
- Expertise in data-driven marketing and customer segmentation.
- Knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, A/B testing, deliverability and anti-spam & relevant laws.
- Passion for data-driven marketing and building email programs that drive incremental results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Team player and strong communicator - ability to work cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, Product Marketing, Creative, UA, and Legal teams along with external partners and international teams.
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong process development and improvement capabilities.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly to changes in priorities and timing.
- International/Asia experience a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on experience managing email marketing efforts.
- 6+ years of marketing experience
- Passion for gaming required. Gaming industry experience highly desired.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence in their individual performance.
- Familiarity with App Store Optimization (ASO) and strategies for organic growth through ASO.
- Experience with marketing automation tools/CRM tools.
- Strong ability to work independently.
This is a full-time position with Nexon M (nexonm.com). Our studio is located in Emeryville, CA. A casual, friendly, work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development, are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.