Administrative | Emeryville, CA | Temporary
Nexon M is a mobile game publisher based in Emeryville, CA. Founded in 2013, Nexon focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game “DomiNations”, and Pixelberry, maker of top-grossing game “Choices: Stories you Play”
Nexon M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000′s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
We're is seeking a Receptionist/Office Coordinator who will be the first point of contact for all guests visiting our Emeryville, CA office. Primary responsibilities include effectively managing the look and cleanliness of the office, greeting all guests, as well as ensuring that visitors are comfortable and situated upon their arrival, and more!
This is a 12 month temporary position based in Emeryville, CA.
- Welcome visitors ensuring an optimal guest experience, while maintaining a friendly, energetic, and professional attitude
- Maintain security and confidentiality of the studio and process non-disclosure agreements for visitors
- Manage conference room calendars and resolve scheduling conflicts, including maintaining appearance and supplies of conference rooms, including the whiteboards
- Handle all incoming and outgoing courier packages (UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Order, unpack deliveries, and store or stock kitchens with drinks and snacks on a daily basis
- Issue access cards to authorized guests and new employees
- Order lunch and breakfast catering, and set up for meetings and events
- Manage professional phone and email correspondence within the studio as well as externally with customers, vendors, colleagues, and executives.
- Coordinate as needed with property management regarding air conditioning, janitorial and engineering related facility issues
- Help coordinate and manage events both in and outside of the studio
- Keep storage room and office supply room organized and clean, including managing inventory of office supplies and equipment on a daily basis
- Performs some general clerical duties including but not limited to scheduling meetings, filing, scanning, and photocopying
- Manage and resolve a variety of unforeseen problems and issues that arise daily
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- 1-2 years of previous receptionist or office coordinator experience in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Must have experience in a customer-service role and must enjoy that aspect of work
- Enthusiastic and friendly with a strong work ethic
- Polished and professional demeanor, and ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals of all levels in org.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- High proficiency in typing, data entry, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Gmail
- Must be willing to perform other office services tasks, such as wiping/mopping up spills, kitchen counters and tables, wiping microwave, etc.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Acute attention to detail
Nexon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.