QA Tester (6-12 month temp)
Quality Assurance | Emeryville, CA | Temporary
NEXON M is a mobile game publisher based in Emeryville. Founded in 2013, NEXON M focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game DomiNations.
NEXON M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
The Quality Assurance Tester (6-12 month temp.) is responsible for testing all features and functionality of assigned games. This includes performing scripted and ad hoc test cases, documenting any game errors that exist in the code, analyzing and reviewing discrepancies, and verifying fixes are implemented.
- Perform testing as directed by team lead/manager.
- Perform bug regression as directed by team lead/manager.
- Verify standards compliance for games at milestones and submission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Game testing experience preferred
- Mobile experience preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Good mix of analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Experience with bug tracking databases, Jira preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of free-to-play games a plus
- Technical testing experience (network testing, file structure testing) a plus
- Leadership experience a plus
- Passion for gaming