Project Manager, Creative Development (6-month contract)
Creative | Emeryville, CA | Contract
NEXON M is a mobile game publisher and developer based in the SF Bay Area in Emeryville. Founded in 2013, NEXON M focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game DomiNations; and Particle City.
NEXON M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000′s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
The Project Manager, Creative Development plays the lead role in driving development and production initiatives of marketing assets through planning, scheduling, coordination and execution for Nexon M games. Deliverables include, but are not limited to, key art, storefront assets, videos, and images for websites and social channels. This person is required to work closely with cross-functional partners to make sure the creative team has the information and resources they need to deliver great programs, while ensuring timely, on-budget, quality execution of several complex projects at once. In addition to daily project tasks, this person should be proactive in identifying challenges and offering smart solutions that meet the needs of the Nexon M business. The Creative Project Manager must be a strong verbal and written communicator, detail-oriented, extremely organized and have a clear understanding of the creative process as it pertains to marketing asset development and production.
Key internal business partners include: Creative Development (in-house team, agencies, and freelancers), Product Marketing, Product, Legal, Community, User Acquisition and Submissions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Point person for creative project briefs/requests that come in to the department.
- Drive project management planning and execution of simultaneous creative projects.
- Prepare and deliver timely, routine status reports to management and cross-functional stakeholders that efficiently communicate project volumes, scope, schedules, status, risks, and related analyses.
- Timely communication of project issues, including but not limited to schedule and quality risks. Actively seek and communicate mitigation opportunities and solutions.
- Collaborate with agencies, copywriters and art directors, planning efforts to balance workload and meet creative deadlines based on master schedules.
- Coordinate creative development and production with internal creative team, external vendors and freelance resources.
- Reconcile, clarify and recap all content and design feedback during review processes with key project stakeholders, including leadership.
- Collaborate with Product, Product Marketing, and Developers to get timely delivery of game assets.
- Collaborate with various departments to support and optimize the creative development process, driving solutions and holding hindsight meetings where necessary to ensure future efficiency.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with the cross-functional teams.
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/BA degree.
- 3- 5 years of project management work experience.
- Clear understanding and technical knowledge of the creative development processes and an appreciation for quality execution.
- Extremely strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to lead initiatives and motivate a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, stakeholders and team members in a dynamic environment, while delivering measurable results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with peers, management and cross-functional teams at all levels.
- Extremely proactive and detail-oriented.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; passion for using technology to improve work efficiency.
- Proficient in both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Proficient in MS Office and/or Google Docs/Sheets.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.