Principal Software Engineer
Engineering | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
NEXON M is a mobile game publisher and developer based in the SF Bay Area in Emeryville. Founded in 2013, NEXON M focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game DomiNations; and Particle City.
NEXON M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000′s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to work with a talented, proven team on Nexon related titles. The PSE is a full stack engineer responsible for all aspects of developing, implementing, and evangelizing our technology initiatives within the company.
- Development of key client and server systems.
- Lead technical discussions and key technical decisions.
- Handle large and complex tasks involving multiple components.
- Drive performance monitoring, tuning, and optimization.
- Play an important role in improving team's technical capabilities and efficiency.
- Provide regular technical direction to the engineering team.
- Mentor engineering team members.
- Contribute to the architecture of new features and extensible systems.
- Develop and promote best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years software development experience in total.
- 3+ years of C#, C/C++, or Java.
- Solid computer science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design/architecture
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assist other software engineers in problem solving.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to multitask.
- Very strong communication skills and a collaborative approach.
- Game development for Unity, iOS, Android, or Windows devices.
- Application performance optimization
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, and/or MSSQL).
- Game server development and operations
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Passion for getting things done, creating great games, and writing great software.
This is a full-time position with NEXON M (nexonm.com). Our studio is located in Emeryville, CA. A casual, friendly, work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development, are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.