Engineering | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Nexon M is a mobile game publisher based in Emeryville, CA. Founded in 2013, Nexon focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game “DomiNations”, and Pixelberry, maker of top-grossing game “Choices: Stories you Play”
We focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000′s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
We're hiring a Data Engineer to join our Platform Engineering Team. Our Big Data platform processes over a billion of events per game to support our analysts and other functional groups to make better business decisions. This position develops and supports various real-time ETL processes to transform data from different input sources including our own game SDK, and effectively load into our data warehouse in a scalable manner.
- Create, Document, and Maintain Various ETL processes
- Write code to interface with 3rd party platform services
- Assist with all parts of our internal analytics system (ETL, Redshift, Airflow)
- Provide technical support and advice to the analytics and data visualization team
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Big Data and analytics systems (Hadoop, Storm, Spark, etc…)
- 5+ Years doing back-end web services programming (Java, PHP)
- 3+ Years doing database work (mysql, Postgres / RedShift)
- Experience using Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experience with scalable systems in a load balanced environment a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
B.S. in Computer Science
- Object Oriented Programming (Python / Java)
- Database Technologies (Redshift / Postgres / Spark / Presto)
- Amazon Web Services (S3, SQS, Kinesis, ECS, ECR, EMR)
This is an onsite, full-time position with Nexon M (nexonm.com). Our studio is located in Emeryville, CA. A casual, friendly, work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development, are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To all 3rd party recruiting agencies: Nexon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Nexon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.