Business Intelligence / Analytics Manager
Analytics | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
NEXON M is a mobile game publisher and developer based in the SF Bay Area in Emeryville. Founded in 2013, NEXON M focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game DomiNations, and Particle City.
NEXON M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000′s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
We're is looking for a sharp, highly quantitative, and impact-oriented manager to drive the Analytics Team to dive deep into our ocean of data, seek out actionable insights and drive critical decisions. This person will manage a small group of analysts and oversee KPI reporting, and behavioral analysis across all business functions. He/she will be expected not only to operate a service-oriented team built for quick, efficient problem solving in a live-ops environment. This person must have an affinity for data and analytics that support key business decisions. He/she will work closely with the UA, Product Managers, and other internal groups to evaluate how our customers are playing our games and inform improvements we can make to drive sustained engagement and monetization. Specifically, this Manager will be extremely detail oriented, strong team leader and coach, strong product orientation and an affinity for data and analytics in support of driving both product-level and business decisions.
The ideal candidate has extensive domain expertise and technical literacy but is driven foremost by a desire to achieve business objectives and create value for others. They have a proven track record of success in building lean, adaptive teams and driving complex, multi-team projects to completion. They are equally comfortable debugging a python script as they are walking an executive team through a strategic roadmap, and understand how to frame problems and articulate context to stakeholders at any end of an organizational spectrum. The successful candidate thrives at delivering solutions to complex data problems preferably in gaming, and has proven themselves effective at navigating and overcoming both internal and external challenges. Above all, this person has the hunger, chops, and discipline to build a world-class team and operation.
- Manage data services group and oversee embedded analysts across Nexon's products, taking end to end ownership over all KPI reporting, performance forecasting, behavioral analysis, and predictive modeling efforts
- Partner with product managers and engineering teams to maintain data pipeline and infrastructure, ensure fidelity and optimal functionality of all reporting systems
- Design and implement analytics best practices across all functional areas, including metric design, feature logging and reporting, A/B testing, and outcomes measurement
- Manage analytics tasks and improve complex models to precisely predict the outcome from various product and marketing strategies
- Manage a team of 4-5 analysts, upward, downward, and internal/external partners
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years experience in business intelligence, 3+ years managing analytics teams, preferably in gaming and/or mobile applications
- Excels in a fast-paced, live-ops environment, able to execute against longer-term strategic objectives while meeting day to day stakeholder needs
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
BS/MS in Finance, Economics, Applied Math, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- Passion for diving into the nitty, gritty of data and using it to meet and exceed business goals
- Proven track record of success leveraging analytics to drive profitable business outcomes, experience with deploying production-level machine learning and predictive modeling a plus
- Stellar communication skills, able to clearly articulate concepts, strategic priorities, and expected outcomes to an executive audience
- Rich knowledge and strong interest in mobile gaming and the competitive landscape
- Strong SQL and Excel skills required
- Experience using R, Tableau preferred
- Online/mobile marketing analytics experience is a plus
This is a full-time position with NEXON M (nexonm.com). Our studio is located in Emeryville, CA. A casual, friendly, work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development, are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.