Finance | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
The Tax Manager is responsible to prepare and review monthly/quarterly/annual tax returns to ensure compliance by managing the overall tax function for Nexon and its US subsidiaries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tax Return Preparation – Review/prepare sales tax return, VAT return, federal and state income tax and non-income tax returns.
- Prepare/Review Estimated Taxes and Extensions – Prepare quarterly Federal and State estimated tax, review completed forms, and ensure timely filing
- Income Tax Provision Preparation
- General understanding of accounting principles.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of income tax provision including the return to provision reconciliation, evaluation of reserves for uncertain tax positions, and valuation allowance analysis
- Research, interpret and evaluate the tax impact of current and proposed legislation on the tax provision
- Compliance – Monitor nexus and tax liabilities in different states and different countries. Manage sales tax / VAT/income tax compliance and reporting in multiple states and countries. Thorough understanding and experience of tax compliance requirements.
- Transfer Pricing Documentation – Coordinate with the accounting team and have TP report prepared on time.
- Research & Analysis - Conduct research and analysis for tax planning and strategies
- Team Support - Assist Vice President, Finance with special tax research and projects as assigned
- Other - Perform other duties as related to the job function as required
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- 4 Year Degree, Business Management, Accounting/Tax
- 5+ Years of experience in tax experience
- Excellent knowledge of IRS rules and regulations
- Excellent tax research skills. Must be able to use online tax research resources and a good understanding of the research process
- Fundamental understanding of Accounting Principles
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Strong core skills including strategic thinking, problem-solving, and analytical proficiency
- Ability to be flexible, adjust, and self-manage priorities and deadlines
- Proficient use of Tax Software
Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Accounting software, such as Oracle and QuickBook
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.