Sr. Character Artist
Game Development - OC Studio | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Sr. Character Artist
Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a new development studio in Orange County California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever expanding worldwide team of over 5,500 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of a brand new development studio, let’s talk!
In this role, you will be responsible for creating next-gen character art. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for games and previous experience working on AAA titles.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with other departments to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Support Art Director and Lead Artist in executing on visual direction
- Create models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
- Come up with innovative ways to solve problems quickly to unblock other teams
- Create Art that is focused on performance as well as quality
- Basic understanding of rigging and articulation and how it can influence deformation
- Expert of anatomy and how the human form works
- Ability to sculpt organic or hard surface models in either a realistic or expressive style
What you'll need for success:
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Expert understanding of anatomy and proportions
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Expert with 3d Modeling programs such as Max, Maya, Modo, XSI, ZBrush, Mudbox etc.
- Expert knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Experience creating materials using Substance Painter or equivalent
- Experience with creating PBR safe Textures for a Current-Gen Engine
- Shipped title as an Artist
- 5+ years of experience making art for games
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Material Authoring Experience
- Animation or Rigging Experience
- Concept or Illustration Experience
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal
- Substance Designer Experience