Senior Server Engineer (Pixelberry Studios)
Pixelberry Studios | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Our sister studio, Pixelberry Studios, is looking for a Senior Server Engineer to help maintain backend services for the market-leading, award-winning mobile game Choices. You’ll be writing and maintaining features alongside the rest of the engineering team, as well as communicating with other departments when necessary. You should have experience as a backend engineer, ideally within the mobile gaming industry.
During the covid pandemic, we work remotely; however, in our post-covid environment we will return to working from home twice a week. Therefore, we are looking for motivated people who thrive with a high degree of autonomy. We’re based in Mountain View, CA.
Pixelberry Studios is a Top 10 mobile games developer, having created fun, compelling mobile games for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the AppStore's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our current game, Choices has smashed our wildest expectations, recently breaking into the Top 5. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first.
- Collaborate with a small, tight production team to continue and develop successful games
- Design, code, unit test, and maintain scalable server codebases and understand client UX
- Research new technologies and help architect the technology roadmap
- Develop fun, innovative game features played by millions
- Maintain a mentoring relationship with some members of your team
- Follow and encourage standards around development, code review, testing, and deployment
- You want to karate kick technical debt in the chops
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Java, C# experience in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years of database experience (SQL, Dynamo, Neo4J)
- Experience with the AWS technologies such as Dynamo, S3, EC2, ELB, SQS, etc.
- Solid foundational programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, etc)
- Ability to solve cutting-edge technical challenges at scale, with performant solutions
- Professional mobile game development experience
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work
- Good communication skills
- U.S. work authorization
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401k with matching program
- Relaxed, open office environment
- Free food and snacks
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays (Pre-Covid)
- Board game nights, movie field trips, and murder mystery parties!
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Feel good about what you do.
- Great environment to grow and makes a difference
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
We believe that the unique contributions of all our team is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Pixelberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.