Senior Public Relations Manager
Marketing | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
In this role, you will act as the voice of Nexon by creating various PR strategies for all Nexon titles while managing positive relationships among media, business partners, influencers and the players.
What you can expect to do in your new gig
- Build, maintain, and value positive relationships with the business and tech media; influencers; and analysts.
- Develop creative PR programs for Nexon America’s product publicity, product launches, corporate PR, communications strategy, and organizational messaging
- Work closely with production and marketing teams to develop and execute public relations plans to support product launches and major updates
- Represent the communications/PR team in cross-functional teams to ensure alignment around business objectives and to advance broader company initiatives
- Craft communications strategy for media that support a positive relationship with reporters and growth in brand awareness, equity, and performance.
- Manage external PR agencies in the US, EU and Oceania and secure top-tier media coverage for products
- Provide onsite presence for events, promotional celebrity appearances for content building and live media engagements.
- Plan industry trade shows, media tours and other events for media management and relationship building.
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- 7+ years’ or public relations experience. Preferably working in the game industry in public relations, and/or communications role
- Excellent written communicator with an understanding of how to create content that reaches multiple audiences across paid, earned, and owned channels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships with media and influencers
- Confident communicator and an excellent writer with an ability to develop and foster relationships with partners.
- Flexible, motivated self-starter who is highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must possess critical thinking skills, time management skills and creativity.
We also like to see:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or communications
- 3+ years’ experience working with PR agencies
- 3+ years’ PR agency management
- Strong understanding of and interest in online gaming trends and major game media outlets
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company-paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company-paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work-life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To all 3rd party agencies: Nexon America does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our recruiters, NxA employees or any other company location. Nexon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.