Senior Engineer (Full Stack)
Business Intelligence and Digital Platform | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are looking for a passionate, eclectic, knowledgeable Senior Engineer (Full Stack) to help us develop our future. You’ll be writing and maintaining features alongside the rest of the engineering team, as well as communicating with other departments when necessary.
You should have experience as a Full Stack Engineer, ideally within the mobile gaming industry.
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design to release
- Design, code, unit test, and maintain codebases that work at scale for large communities
- Enjoy collaborating with others to deliver high quality team results
- Happy to use the code review process to communicate and mentor oneself and others
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- Skilled in multiple languages (JS, TS, C#, C++, Java, or Python)
- Solid foundational development skills / concepts (OOP, TDD, SOLID, GOF, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Advanced debugging skills, involving multithreading, memory leaks, etc.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in server technologies (C#, Node.js, Java, etc.)
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in client technologies (React, TS, CSS, etc.)
- Experience working as part of a lean, agile engineering team
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work
- Good communication skills
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, GCP)
- Experienced with AWS Features (S3, Lambda, Xray, EventBridge, EC2, Route 53, etc.)
- Unity 3D
- Open Source Contributor
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.