QA Tester 2
Platform | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high-quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
In this role, you are not only responsible for testing all features and functionality of the platform side of Nexon games but becoming embedded into the projects. This focuses on testing ad hoc cases, documenting any errors that exist in the code, analyzing and reviewing discrepancies, and then verifying fixes are implemented.
- Execute QA Plans generated and provided by QA Leads.
- Support various teams within the Platform group.
- Report all issues encountered during testing within Jira.
- Raise awareness of critical/blocker issues during testing, to the respective QA Lead.
- Regression testing of previously reported issues.
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- 2+ years of software testing experience preferred
- Familiar with the following software types:
- Platform-related software (Steam, Battle.net client, etc…)
- Familiar with Bug tracking DB software such as Jira, Bug Track, etc…
- Comfortable changing project focuses frequently.
- Strong Communication skills
We also like to see:
- Strong leadership skills
- Initiative in your task and ability to refine the process
- Communication skills that span across disciplines and organizational levels
- Understanding of test case creation process and implementation
- Maybe you’ve dabbled in programming and can interpret code. We aren’t saying you are an engineer or anything but when you hear Python, you don’t immediately think of a snake.
- You track bugs like a bloodhound tracks its prey. You are relentless, merciless, and efficient. You understand the tools of the trade and your process is impeccable.
- Adversity doesn’t worry you, in fact, it excites you. The thought of picking something apart to see how it works makes you giddy.
- Got game? Good, you’re going to need it. Not only do you possess 2-3 years of experience in game testing but you don’t stop when you punch out. You are online, in-game, constantly maxing out your character or balancing out your K/D.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.