Player Support Specialist (MapleStory Worlds)
Player Support | El Segundo,CA (Hybrid) | Temp to Full Time | From $20.00 to $24.00 per hour
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon is a global video game publisher and leading developer of online virtual worlds for PCs, consoles, and mobile devices. Founded in 2006, Nexon America brings the strength of Nexon's unique roster of IP to western audiences with a player-first approach, delivering outstanding free-to-play online game expertise and live game support with phenomenally successful titles like MapleStory, MapleStory M, Mabinogi, and the KartRider franchise of racing games. Nexon has gone to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2023 for 3 years in a row! With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Nexon America is currently seeking an experienced Player Support Specialist for an upcoming UGC game!
The Player Support Specialist is responsible for answering escalated T2 tickets, and passing of judgment upon questioned accounts. As a true advocate for our player base, the Customer Support Representative will also report game issues and feedback to the Production Team to maintain a high level of player satisfaction, review our Help Centers and draft knowledgebase articles as needed, create and revise policies, assist with in-game GM events, and provide coaching or answer any inquiries from outsourced agents.
This role is a critical part of Nexon America’s in-development content creation platform – MapleStory Worlds. The position is responsible for the direction and execution of the game creator and player facing features and user experience of Project MOD.
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Maintain competency and understanding of all tickets for their assigned projects/titles. Accurately, quickly, and efficiently provide answers to player issues across multiple support channels based on Nexon America’s company policy
- Coordinate with internal and outside partners on various in game issues, updates, etc. to ensure that we maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Identify patterns or common issues players are reporting using data and player feedback to suggest feature updates, player compensation, or issue resolution to Production
- Review outsource handled tickets to ensure our agents follow the proper procedures. If there is an issue, assess if it is due to the process itself (and revise if needed) or forward the ticket to the OS Leads for further review. Host weekly calls with OS Team to keep agents up-to-date with new game content, events, emerging issues, etc
- Create and streamline new or existing processes for internal use as well as updating and creating player-facing documentation for our Help Centers
- Test existing live game operation tools and request new tool features or updates to Production as needed
- Work with the InfoSec Team to investigate banned accounts for hacking, botting, real money trading, etc
- Game research
- Creating/proposing new policies
- UGC review
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of game industry Customer Support experience (required)
- 1+ year supporting a game that includes player designed content
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- College degree or equivalent game related work experience preferred
- Good communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Good typing skills
- Customer Relationship Management tool experience preferred (Zendesk, Salesforce, etc.)
- JIRA, Confluence experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Proficient with GSuite products
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (hourly)
The base salary range for this position in El Segundo, CA is $20.00 - $24.00 hourly.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. An individual’s pay is determined by factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experiences, relevant education or training, and location.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, however the salary range listed in this job posting reflects the base salary only.