Manager, Project Management
Business Intelligence and Digital Platform | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
The Manager, Project Management is responsible for planning and managing software products along with analyzing the needs of stakeholders and customers. This includes proposing new products and solutions that address customer needs, developing strategic directions and defining specifications of each functionality for features and services, overseeing and strategically prioritizing project backlogs and release plans ensuring to meet directions of products or company’s goals and mentoring other junior members of the team.
- Oversee and manage entire project development pipelines with production staff and cross-functional groups
- Ensure all deadlines are met in relation to project objectives and scope
- Provide direction and guidance to product design teams to meet timely deliveries.
- Work with the team to prepare product design specifications and integration documents.
- Validate product designs, identify constraints and provide corrective actions.
- Interact with customers to clearly understand product requirements and vision.
- Continue to support renovations and improvements in production and QA processes to increase efficiency to deliver projects on time
- Create well-organized templates for all production deliverables and continue to improve formats with the team to help create clear visibility to stakeholders
- Lead and manage large-scale, organization-wide projects through planning, development, launch, stabilization and close
- Oversee the management of day to day development issues, proactively anticipate and mitigate problems, while being prepared to troubleshoot and provide conflict resolution as needed
- Partner and facilitate communication with cross-team functional groups such as business intelligence, software development, game operations to deliver a reliable technical experience.
- Lead project managers and quality assurance staff to have a clear understanding of business goals and link mission, vision, values, goals and strategies to everyday work
- Coach and guide team members toward defining and achieving team goals and individual career goals
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- Minimum 8 years experience in project management with proven portfolios, in addition to minimum of 3 years management experience in a production group
- Strong organizational skills with time and priority management on multiple tasks to meet productivity standards, deadlines and work schedules
- Keen to prioritize and group related tasks to be more efficient, as well as easily transitioning between tasks and picking up where left off when interrupted
- An effective communicator that can wrangle everyone involved to be on the same page for direction, expectations, deliverables, and progress
- Great written and verbal communication skills; must be able to listen, comprehend, convey core thoughts and share information effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills to address issues in an open, constructive, professional manner, and persuade others to approach issues in the same way
- A strong team player and influencer who can cope well and help others deal with the ongoing demands of change by showing others the benefits of change
- Good negotiation and leadership skills to listen to various viewpoints being open-minded, keeping a diplomatic stance with a "Can-do" manner to negotiate and find common ground when friction arises
- Strong proficiency in the software development process and project controls.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company-paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work-life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.