Manager, Localization (Korean/English Bilingual)
Localization | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Manager, Localization Translation is responsible for the overall quality of translation work produced by the Localization team across different platforms including, but not limited to, in-game text, internal documents, email translation, JIRA comment translation, patch notes, and/or checklists, etc. He/she is also responsible for managing in-house translators’ performances to ensure direct reports deliver their assigned projects on time and on budget with the highest quality. This position also partners with the Localization PMs to conduct reviews for any outsourced translation work for quality management and provide linguistic feedback and guidance as needed.
- Manage and mentor the Localization Coordinators and Specialists to ensure their work is delivered on time and is of the highest quality and help them develop their translation skills.
- Ensure all translations produced by the internal team and the outsource vendors meet set brand specifications and the company’s quality standards.
- Develop, improve, implement, and document translation processes and workflow and recommend improvements to enhance the quality of the final products.
- Work with project managers to create Localization project plans and translation schedules based on requirements; allocates project resources.
- Research and provide feedback on text management tools. Maintain a clean translation database by establishing/streamlining TM/TB management and back-up process. Also, conduct vendor research and provide translation feedback as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years related work experience:
- 3+ years of professional translation experience
- 3+ years of game localization experience
- 2+ years supervisory/management experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Translation/localization background preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent technical Korean to English (and vice versa) translation skills
- Fluency in Korean and English is required
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.