Manager, Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence and Digital Platform | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Business intelligence Manager is responsible for overseeing and supporting the data analysis and data mining needs of the company, with a focus on understanding our customers and identifying ways to improve the user experience within our games. This role leads a team of Data Analysts, Data Scientist, and Business Intelligence Engineer to facilitate internal and external business insights. This includes managing the team that will be responsible for exploring and leveraging company data to help answer business questions and provide actionable insights and working closely with various internal groups to support their data needs by developing strategies, processes and reports that will assist them in their decision making.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team, this includes mentoring and developing team members, provide thought-leadership to drive innovation and produce quality work, manage workload and establish priorities, establish and manage department budget and hire and train staff as needed
- Provide timely, meaningful and actionable insights and recommendations through data analyses and machine learning techniques; identify and conduct data-driven analyses involving our players and games; establish sound methodologies and approaches to analyze business problems; work closely with various departments to understand their needs from a data and analytics perspective; package and present findings
- Support BI initiatives and reporting needs by helping business users gain access to necessary data, designing, setting up and maintaining reports and dashboards, improving the breadth and scope of existing reports based on business needs and ensuring proper functioning of Tableau, the company’s primary Business Intelligence tool.
- Help define and improve the tracking capabilities needed for analysis and reporting; work closely with Business Intelligence Engineer and Developers to understand and gain access to pertinent data, Applications, and Systems; QA data to ensure accuracy and understand limitations; leverage existing tools; recommend new tools and processes as needed.
- Develop deep partnerships with the product, engineering and cross-functional support teams to deliver insightful analytics, testing and measurement frameworks, modeling to define and build data-informed business strategy and roadmaps
- Through modern machine learning techniques, optimization of business processes using predictive and prescriptive methods.
- Foster data-informed decision making, hypothesis generation, and experimentation
- Responsible to research other potential software solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of data analysis, data engineering and data science experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience with various machine learning projects.
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation tools and Data Mining tools
- Experience with customer data management
- Online gaming experience preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of statistical analysis
- Excellent time an project management skills
- Very detail-oriented
- Knowledge of creating custom attributes and measures from raw transaction data
- Able to understand and translate marketing and analytic needs into solution and data management requirements
- Ability to extract data by writing your own SQL queries
- Experience using Tableau or similar BI tools
- Programming for data analysis (R or Python) preferred
- Able to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company-paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work-life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.