Localization Copy Editor (Mobile)
Localization | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
The Localization Copy Editor (Mobile) is responsible for writing and editing in-game text and voiceover scripts for all Nexon mobile games. He/she is also responsible for assisting his/her team in deciding new style rules. He/she is responsible for writing and updating various localization process documents, including style guides, NPC documents, story bibles, process guides, etc. He/she is also responsible for keeping tabs on the copy editing progress of assigned games and communicating with the project manager if issues arise.
- Edit and re-write translated game text and voiceover scripts to make them entertaining, immersive, accurate, and relatable to a western audience. Contribute to discussions about text issues in Nexon’s mobile games and other communication channels. Fix in-game text bugs and typos.
- Create and update various localization documents, including style guides, NPC documents, story bibles, voiceover files, etc.
- Guide the style direction of assigned Nexon games by initiating style discussions with the project manager and copy editing lead.
- Take ownership of the copy editing tasks of assigned games by keeping tabs on each content update’s editing progress, divvying up work between editors assisting with the project, checking that all tasks are completed, and notifying the project manager if things start to fall off track or if the team encounters any obstacles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of game-related work experience
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience e
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in English preferred
- Creative writing background preferred
- Excellent grammar skills
- Extensive copy-editing skills
- Excellent computer skills and Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Strong interest in video games
- Excellent work ethic, honest
- Sharp attention to detail
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize projects to complete them on time
- Ability to jump from project to project, quickly and seamlessly
- Ability to see the opportunities to learn in any situation
- Ability to work well with a variety of different personalities
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.