Internal Application: Localization Coordinator Korean/English Bilingual
Localization | El Segundo, CA | Temp to Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
The Localization Coordinator is responsible for translating company communication between Korea and the U.S. as well as providing interpretations for video conferences, teleconferences, and small meetings. This position is also responsible for translating game-related documents.
Currently, all Nexon staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model will be in place once we resume on-site operations currently scheduled for January 2022.
Knowledge and Skill
- Equally at ease writing and speaking Korean and English. Rattling off technical jargon in Korean won’t faze you, and the thought of comprehending complex fantasy storylines in one language— then explaining it in another—excites you
- A communication guru. Emails, meetings, phone, face-to-face—when people talk, you get what they’re saying, even between the lines, and you know how to communicate back in a way that’s easy for them to digest.
- A born multitasker. You know how to keep track of your tasks. You know how to prioritize. Missing deadlines annoys you more than a negative K/D ratio, so you never miss them.
- Mildly experienced (0-1 years). Maybe you translated documents in college or did a bit of interpreting at a previous job. Maybe not, and that’s okay, as long as you bring a can-do attitude and eagerness to excel.
- Passionate about games. Shooters, RPGs, puzzles, online or off—you love playing games and you love talking about them. If you’ve done game translations before, that’s even better.
- Eager to be part of a team. You enjoy working with others and feel satisfaction when you find ways to make your team shine, even if it occasionally means putting in extra hours.
- Translate emails and other communications between Korea and the United States.
- Translate game-related documents and some in-game strings.
- Update internal guides with the latest terminology and processes.
- Handle logistics, scheduling, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Become an expert on the games you handle.
- Provide interpretation support for video conferences, teleconferences, and small meetings between Korea and the U.S. if/when needed.
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that form unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 5,500 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer