Localization, Associate Project Manager ( Korean-English)
Localization | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world. Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
This position assists with the localization of Nexon’s mobile game titles into multiple languages on time and on budget through successful project management. This position is responsible for providing support in creating effective workflow processes between internal stakeholders, external developers, and localization vendors in collaboration with the Localization Manager to ensure consistent high-quality localization. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to, fostering communication between all internal stakeholders to keep them aligned, providing direction and key information to external partners, and project managing the localization of all in-game and out-of-game content. He/she also reviews localized assets to ensure that they meet our standards and communicates linguistic feedback and bug reports to external vendors. This position also works with the interdepartmental teams to gather information from the forums and with vendors to fix localization bugs.
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to ensure successful and on-time completion of each phase of localization including translation, recording, and LQA.
- Create localization kits and assess timelines for content releases
- Support in development, improvement, and implementation of Localization procedures, processes, and workflows with the internal and external partners.
- Research new localization vendors, create and manage vendor database, provide vendor analysis reports, and make vendor recommendations to the Localization manager and other product owners. This includes voice over studios as well as any localization software out in the market.
- Assist with tracking budget and ensure external audio, voice-over, and localization work stay on budget
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of work experience
- 1-2 years of project management experience required
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience, with a demonstrated ability to manage and drive projects to successful completion
- Previous experience in game localization preferred
- Solid knowledge of the current state of the online game industry preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with external vendors and talent in the recording and creation of voice-over preferred
- Must be able to prioritize the team’s work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively
- Must have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to find solutions and provide recommendations to all levels of management
- Must have the ability to act proactively to solve problems, utilizing excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong analytical, oral, written communication skills required
- Fluency in English and Korean required
- Scheduled and non-scheduled overtime can be required, including weekends
- Experience with CAT tool is preferred
- Experience with audio production is preferred
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company-paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work-life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break. Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.