Lead Project Manager - Platform
Platform | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Lead Project Manager - Platform (Online Games)
A world leader in online games, Nexon is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 5,500 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and are ready to FREE YOUR WORLD, let’s talk!
The Lead Project Manager - Platform is responsible for planning and managing software products along with analyzing needs from stakeholders and customers. This includes proposing new products and solutions that address customer needs, developing strategic directions and defining specifications of each functionality for features and services, overseeing and strategically prioritizing project backlogs and release plans ensuring to meet directions of products or company’s goals and mentoring other junior members of the team.
What You Can Expect To Do In Your New Gig
- Oversee and manage entire project development pipelines with production staff and cross-functional groups
- Ensure all deadlines are met in relation to project objectives and scope
- Continue to support renovations and improvements in production and QA processes to increase efficiency to deliver projects on time
- Create well organized templates for all production deliverables and continue to improve formats with the team to help create clear visibility to stakeholders
- Lead and manage large-scale, organization-wide projects through planning, development, launch, stabilization and close
- Oversee the management of day to day development issues, proactively anticipate and mitigate problems, while being prepared to troubleshoot and provide conflict resolution as needed
- Partner and facilitate communication with cross-team functional groups such as Platform, game operations, game studios and customer support to deliver a reliable platform experience
- Lead project managers and quality assurance staff to have a clear understanding of business goals and link mission, vision, values, goals and strategies to everyday work
- Coach and guide team members toward defining and achieving team goals and individual career goals
Your Qualifications include:
- Minimum 8 years experience in project management with proven portfolios, in addition to minimum 3 years management experience in a production group
- Strong organizational skills with time and priority management on multiple tasks to meet productivity standards, deadlines and work schedules
- Keen to prioritize and group related tasks to be more efficient, as well as easily transitioning between tasks and picking up where left off when interrupted
- An effective communicator that can wrangle everyone involved to be on the same page for direction, expectations, deliverables, and progress
- Great written and verbal communication skills; must be able to listen, comprehend, convey core thoughts and share information effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills to address issues in an open, constructive, professional manner, and persuade others to approach issues in the same way
- A strong team player and influencer who can cope well and help others deal with the ongoing demands of change by showing others the benefits of change
- Good negotiation and leadership skills to listen to various viewpoints being open-minded, keeping a diplomatic stance with a "Can-do" manner to negotiate and find common ground when friction arises
- Strong proficiency in software development process and project controls.
- Cover Letter optional