Lead Gameplay Engineer
Game Development - OC Studio | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a new development studio in Orange County California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever expanding worldwide team of over 5,500 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of a brand new development studio, let’s talk!
In this role, you will be responsible for creating the gameplay systems of the game to create a rich and compelling player experience. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for games and previous experience working on AAA titles.
- Work with other departments to support a user-first player experience
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside of your department
- Come up with innovative ways to solve problems quickly to unblock other teams
- Participates in all aspects of projects from staffing to technology/tools
- Works closely with other departments to define the technical requirements for the game
- Offers exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish tasks and schedules
- Establish coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices
- Provide critical analysis of technology and development practices to improve game quality
- Design and implement gameplay systems and features
- Write well structured, maintainable, and performant gameplay code
- Work closely with design, animation and art teams to best realize game vision
- Work iteratively in quick feedback loops
- Expert knowledge of programming with experience in C / C++, and a proven aptitude for technical design
- Strong sensibilities in designing and implementing compelling gameplay experience
- Architecture (cloud, client / server) experience
- Strong adaptability to changing production demands
- Experience with code optimization
- Knowledge of the technical pipeline and all the processes needed to make a game
- Experience with Unreal / Unity or other modern commercial game engines
- Strong ability to partner with leadership from other departments including production, design, art, QA, etc.
- Shipped title as Programmer
- 7+ years Programming experience
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Experience in any other game role
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal
- Cover Letter optional