Influencer Marketing Manager
Marketing | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
In this role, you will act as the voice of Nexon by leading and launching influencer campaigns that impact players globally, owning campaigns end-to-end. You will also build a more personal relationship with content creators and influencers to collaborate and promote our games.
Currently, all Nexon staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model will be in place once we resume on-site operations currently scheduled for September 2021.
- Craft communications strategy for influencers that support positive relationships with both organic and paid influencers and growth in brand awareness, equity, and performance.
- Identify and enlist key content creators, industry partner brands, and top influencer agencies into evangelists to support games’ promotion
- Develop a positive and strong relationship with key industry partners including top brands, broadcast, influencer agencies with strategies
- Plan and execute organic influencer campaigns and paid influencer activations, monitor, analyze, and provide reports
- Maintain and update influencer database, marketing calendars, and influencer materials for assigned mobile and PC games
- Work closely with game teams, marketing, and community team to develop brand awareness, promotions, and competitions
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and player preferences
- Monitor influencer streams for activity and sentiment
- Manage influencers at all Nexon online/offline events
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- 3-5 years working experience in Communications, Marketing and/or Community role
- Strong understanding of and interest in gaming trends and influencer programs.
- Confident communicator and an excellent writer with an ability to develop and foster relationships with partners and strong follow-through
- Demonstrates creativity and has experience in creating and executing influencer programs.
- Experience working with influencers to promote both new and established products – gaming-focused a plus
- Flexible, motivated self-starter who is highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must possess critical thinking skills, time management skills, excellent writing and language skills
We also like to see:
- Bachelor’s degree with a Marketing or Communications focus.
- Interest in gaming in general.
- Experience managing influencers or a strong network of influencers is a plus.
- Events experience including game shows and Livestream experience
- Knowledge of the social space (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.) especially in relation to influencers
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.