HR Ops Generalist
Human Resources and Administration | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Nexon’s Human Resources team is looking for an HR Ops Generalist to join our team of seasoned HR professionals! As the HR Ops Generalist at Nexon, you will be responsible for providing direction & guidance to the HR Coordinator on basic employee inquiries and HR programs and policies. You will also be our core HR analyst, and will be responsible for evaluating, analyzing, and maintaining Nexon’s HRIS (Paycom). In addition, you will be helping our Nexies navigate through their sensitive Leave of Absence requests in an attentive manner.
- Serves as department specialist in our HRIS; performs corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance to Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Assists with the tracking and administration of Leaves of Absence.
- Research, create and implement scalable employee programs from initial stages to execution.
- Acts as the primary contact on programs/projects to provide clear and concise status updates to key stakeholders.
- Partners with Senior Manager, HR to ensure compliance with all federal and state labor laws.
- Responsible for gathering all necessary HR metrics in support of various HR-related audits.
- Supports Vice President and Senior Manager of the HR department with any ad-hoc projects.
- Other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant education & experience
- 3+ years of HR experience
- Firm understanding of federal, state, and local laws pertaining to FMLA/CFRA compliance
- Proven track record of implementing and scaling programs and policies across multiple studios
- Comfortable with identifying improvements and troubleshooting issues in current processes, as well as implementing solutions
- Flexible and able to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technically savvy (Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Paycom/HRIS)
- High Tech/Gaming industry experience, preferred
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.