Human Resources and Administration | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Nexon has an exciting new role for an HR Coordinator who will drive and own all tasks related to the employee lifecycle. Reporting to the Assoc. Manager, HR Operations, this is a great opportunity for an HR professional to gain exposure to all facets of Human Resources, including but not limited to, Payroll, Onboarding, Reporting, Benefits Admin, HRIS Maintenance, and more!
Currently, all Nexon staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model will be in place once we resume on-site operations currently scheduled for November 2021.
- Own employee onboarding, including conducting and continuously improving new hire orientation, and serving as the main point of contact to new hires throughout the onboarding process
- Process biweekly payroll for approximately 200-300 employees across multiple U.S. studios
- Generate and provide payroll and HR metrics to Accounting and Global HQ
- Handle general first-tier questions from employees on existing policies, benefits, and procedures, and escalates to senior team members as necessary
- Maintain, prepare, and update all employee information and company documentation in HRIS
- Provide assistance to the HR Team as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of HR experience
- 1+ years of Payroll experience
- Gaming, Entertainment, High Tech industry, a plus
- Familiarity with Paycom HRIS, a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Team Player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational/time management skills
- Able to consistently meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy issues
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.