Business Intelligence and Digital Platform | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
The Data Analyst is responsible for providing in-depth data mining and data analyses to multiple departments, with a focus on understanding our customers and identifying ways to improve the user experience within our games.
- Identify, design, prioritize and develop data analyses to create unique business insights; perform detailed data exploration and validation to understand customers
- Identify key analytic metrics; build reports and present key insights to ensure that data drives actions to improve the business; examine and analyze available information to determine patterns and gaps at a strategic level and recommend a course of action to support internal and external users
- Research and analyze web and game usage data and recommend solutions; analyze user experience and business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement
- Document business needs, prioritize requested functionality, and validate requirements against strategic goals and project objectives
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring by using data drawn from diverse sources
- Other duties as assigned
Type of Decisions made by this position?
- Analyze game data and make recommendations for improvement
- Prioritize data requests
- Documentation of the department’s business needs
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with analytics software such as Google Analytics
- 2+ years’ experience with Marketing Intelligence Platforms such as Singular
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation tools and Data Mining tools
- Online gaming experience preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Master’s Degree preferred or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of statistical analysis
- Ability to extract data by writing your own SQL queries
- Experience using Tableau or similar BI tools
- Programming for data analysis (R or Python) preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company-paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work-life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.