Corporate Development Analyst
Western Development | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Corporate Development Analyst
El Segundo, CA
Nexon is an industry-leading company in online interactive entertainment, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange with offices in Tokyo, Seoul and LA. We are looking to recruit a talented, passionate Corporate Development Analyst who can help us drive investments, acquisition and other strategic initiatives. Reporting to the head of Western business development and closely engaging with the executive management, this position offers a great opportunity to be involved in strategic and creative corporate development endeavors on a global scale in one of the most exciting, vibrant, innovative industries.
- Contribute to the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives, including acquisitions, investments, divestitures, and strategic projects & partnerships
- Coordinate a cross-functional, global deal team within Nexon
- Perform complex financial modeling and valuation supporting opportunity evaluation and execution
- Develop robust presentations for business unit leaders, executive management and the board of directors
- Project manage strategic initiatives from deal initiation through close and integration
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- 2+ years of professional experience at a leading investment bank (preferably in an M&A group), private equity firm and/or in corporate development (M&A or investment transaction experience in technology and/or media sectors a strong plus)
- Passion, interest and understanding of the entertainment industry in general and video games in particular
- Strong business sense and ability to understand complex business issues, with particular emphasis on corporate finance, tax and accounting
- Expert-level analytical skills, and a demonstrated ability to perform rigorous financial, valuation and quantitative analyses
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Familiarity using finance tools (e.g. Bloomberg, Factset, Thomson, etc.) a plus
- Ability to travel both nationally and internationally, often on short notice
- Japanese and/or Korean language skills a bonus
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.