Community Manager (Mobile - MapleStory M)
Community | El Segundo,CA (Hybrid) | Full Time | From $23.41 to $35.60 per hour
Nexon America is a branch of Nexon Co., Ltd., a global video game publisher and leading developer of online virtual worlds for PCs, consoles, and mobile devices. Nexon proudly offers celebrated franchises like MapleStory, KartRider, and Mabinogi that have been enjoyed by millions of players for over two decades. When we founded our Nexon America branch in 2006, we made it our goal to bring those unique games to western players using a player-first approach. We achieve that goal by applying our team’s outstanding free-to-play expertise and live game support to every decision, every day.
But we’re committed to more than our games! Here at Nexon America, we’re all about open communication, diversity, mutual respect, and collaboration, so we can bring out the best in each other. Nexies find support, friendship, and career growth all in one place! And because we know a healthy work-life balance is the key to happiness, Nexies also enjoy flexible hours, a hybrid work model, and extra perks like food trucks, happy hours, and team events. It’s why we’ve earned the Great Place to Work certification for 3 years running!
We’re looking to expand our team with passionate individuals who want to learn, play, and grow with us. Ready for a new challenge?
Summary of Position
The Community Manager (Mobile) is responsible for helping to build and manage a strong online gaming community for MapleStory M. This includes moderating and monitoring all community channels, designing innovative community engagement programs and reporting key community feedback and concerns to internal groups.
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Represent a voice for the players by providing comprehensive reports on player- facing community feedback, issues, concerns and trends to stakeholders in order to address the communities’ needs
- Foster a positive and inclusive environment for our players by constantly monitoring and moderating user generated contents within both Nexon-owned (Discord) and non-Nexon-owned (Reddit) community channels and actively communicating with players
- Engage our players by planning and creating content and initiatives (including assets, events, livestreams, videos) and messaging to be published through our community channels; lead the design and execution of our mobile games community engagement programs with internal teams
- Drive community growth by monitoring and reporting on community content and event performance to provide detailed analysis that fosters constant improvement and innovation
- Maintain positive community relationships by managing communications with our community partners, such as fan sites, external forums and community destinations for our brands, as well as every volunteer support network
- Champion our games internally by consistently stimulating the conversation across all departments regarding Nexon’s community strategy, and ensure all departments are working towards developing a clear and healthy relationship with our communities
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of community management experience with proven track record of success
- Gaming experience on mobile platforms preferred
- Discord, Forums, and/or community tools experience
- Professional livestreaming experience
- Project management and organizational experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong ability to self-motivate and schedule one’s tasks accordingly
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good project management and problem solving skills
- Able to plan and execute community initiatives and tasks on a yearly, monthly, and weekly basis
- Ability to create and document processes/proposals clearly
- Working knowledge of marketing and game production
- Must be able to work effectively both individually and as a team member
- Scheduled and non-scheduled overtime can be required, including weekends
- Bilingual in Korean and English is a plus
Nexon’s Benefits and Perks
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (hourly)
The base salary range for this position in El Segundo, CA is $23.41 - $35.60 hourly.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. An individual’s pay is determined by factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experiences, relevant education or training, and location.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, however the salary range listed in this job posting reflects the base salary only.