Community Manager – Mobile
Live Mobile Game Production | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
The Community Manager - Mobile is responsible for helping to build and manage a strong online gaming community for Nexon’s mobile titles. This includes moderating and monitoring all community channels, designing community engagement programs and reporting community issues.
- Provide comprehensive reports on community feedback, issues, concerns and trends to stakeholders in order to address the communities’ needs.
- Constantly monitor and moderate user-generated content within both Nexon-owned (Facebook, Discord, etc) and non-Nexon-owned (Reddit) community channels to maintain positive environments for our players to participate in.
- Plan and create content (including assets, events, live streams, web posts) and messaging to be published through our websites, community channels, and social media outlets; lead the design and execution of our mobile games community engagement programs with internal teams.
- Manage our relationship with our community partners, such as fan sites, external forums, and community destinations for our brands, as well as every volunteer network.
- Consistently stimulate the conversation across all departments regarding Nexon’s community strategy, and ensure all departments are working towards developing a clear and healthy relationship with our communities.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 + years of community management experience with a proven track record of success
- Gaming experience preferred
- Forums and/or community tools experience
- Project management and organizational experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong ability to self-motivate and schedule one’s tasks accordingly
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good project management and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of marketing and/or game production
- Ability to create and document processes/proposals clearly
- Must be able to work effectively both individually and as a team member
- Knowledge of community channels including Reddit and Discord
- Experience with live streaming on Twitch and Facebook
- Ability to work and communicate with the International team and work international time zones, including weekends required.
- Korean Bilingual is a plus.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.