Client Engineer/Gameplay Engineer (Pixelberry Studios)
Pixelberry Studios | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Our sister studio, Pixelberry Studios, is looking for you! A passionate, eclectic, knowledgeable Client/Gameplay Engineer, to help uplift the market-leading, award-winning, mobile game “Choices”. You’ll be writing and maintaining client features alongside the rest of the engineering team, as well as communicating with other departments when necessary.
You should have experience as a game engineer, ideally within the mobile gaming industry. During the covid pandemic, we work remotely; however, in our post-covid environment we will return to working from home twice a week, therefore we are looking for motivated people who thrive with a high degree of autonomy.
Pixelberry Studios is a Top 10 mobile games developer, having created fun, compelling mobile games for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the AppStore's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our current flagship game, “Choices'' has smashed our wildest expectations, recently breaking into the Top 5. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
- Develop games with the Cocos 2Dx family of products, as well as an ample amount of Java and C++.
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design to release.
- Design, code, unit test, and maintain codebases that work at scale for millions of users
- Develop fun, innovative game features played by millions
- You want to karate kick technical debt in the chops
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Solid foundational programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, etc).
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in C++, Java or other OOP languages.
- 1+ year demonstrable experience Cocos 2Dx (point us toward your portfolio, if you have one).
- Experience working as part of a lean, agile engineering team.
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work.
- Good communication skills.
- U.S. work authorization.
- Fullstack experience (frontend + backend)
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, GCP)
- Unity 3D
- Open Source Contributor
- Understanding of SOLID development skills.
- Desire to deliver well-tested code.
- Competitive salary.
- High level of autonomy and freedom.
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays (Pre-Covid)
- Full benefits package (PTO, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Free food and snacks, movie nights, and field trips (Pre-Covid)
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Feel good about what you do.
- Great environment to grow and makes a difference
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
We believe that the unique contributions of all our team is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Pixelberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.