Game Development - OC Studio | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a new development studio in Orange County California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees, and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
In this role, you will be responsible for creating next-gen character art. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for games and previous experience working on AAA titles.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Support Art Director and Lead Artist in executing on visual direction
- Create models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
- Come up with innovative ways to solve problems quickly to unblock other teams
- Create Art that is focused on performance as well as quality
- Basic understanding of rigging and articulation and how it can influence deformation
- Expert of anatomy and how the human form works
- Ability to sculpt organic or hard surface models in either a realistic or expressive style
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Expert understanding of anatomy and proportions
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Expert with 3d Modeling programs such as Max, Maya, Modo, XSI, ZBrush, Mudbox etc.
- Expert knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Experience creating materials using Substance Painter or equivalent
- Experience with creating PBR safe Textures for a Current-Gen Engine
- Shipped title as an Artist
- 2+ years of experience making art for games; will consider Sr. level candidates as well
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Material Authoring Experience
- Animation or Rigging Experience
- Concept or Illustration Experience
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal
- Substance Designer Experience
Nexon's Benefits & Perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.