Backend Software Engineer
Business Intelligence and Digital Platform | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Nexon Platform team aspires to provide successful Account, Commerce, and Launcher services to all Nexon games.
As a Backend Engineer, you will collaborate with the Project Manager, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure team to create and support the platform's backend features. Moreover, you will be involved with Nexon platform that uses cloud-based servers to distribute online PC games at a global scale.
Currently, all Nexon staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model will be in place once we resume on-site operations currently scheduled for November 2021.
- Design and develop backend API and software for platform services
- Improve and automate tests and deployment system
- Evaluate and adopt technologies that improve platform capabilities
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure the highest code quality
- Prioritize and deliver projects under deadline
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Your qualifications include:
- 5+ years engineering experience
- deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with one or more major programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Scala, Golang, Node.js, C++ or .Net
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Online game industry experience
- A good understanding of Microservice architecture is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS service is a big plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD and Test automation is a big plus
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.