Associate Producer (Mobile)
Live Mobile Game Production | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Associate Producer is responsible for running a successful live mobile game service. This includes executing the vision of the Producer by collaborating with various departments and ensuring the timely, high quality delivery of various game services.
Currently, all Nexon staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model will be in place once we resume on-site operations currently scheduled for November 2021.
Responsible for coordination of tasks, resources, dependencies with various internal teams (Community, Marketing, Social, Legal, Video and Localization), as well as external teams (Nexon global offices, third party partners) to deliver on Producer’s objectives in timely manner.
- This requires understanding of Producer’s long term plans, which the Associate Producer would break down to short-term plans that is shared to all relevant stakeholders. Plans may include but are not limited to: asset creation, community monitoring, updating contents schedule and organizing assets.
- Assist producers to craft a vision and a strategy for the launch of the game(s) & live service of the game(s), including creating an integrated strategy to ensure the successful launch and successful live game updates.
- Review every aspect of the game launch plans/executions & live game services plan/executions and ensure they are aligned with the producer’s vision and direction of the game; ensure that we are delivering the KPI requirements of the game. Suggest and manage ongoing live operations, IAP plans and analyze game performance.
- Ensure the game is providing a stable and enjoyable gameplay environment to the players. Collaborate with teams to overcome such issues and improve service and product quality overall.
- Play assigned games and research competitor games to understand users and recent trends in order to share the game improvement suggestions to the game developer.
- Other duties as assigned
TYPES OF DECISIONS MADE BY THIS POSITION :
- Recommends process improvement
- Daily, weekly task schedule and management
TYPES OF DECISIONS THAT MUST BE APPROVED BY SUPERIOR:
- Budget spend
- Proposals for implementation
- Changes to the maintenance/release schedule
- 2+ years of mobile game production/development experience
- 2+ years of mobile games launch, live operations
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of mobile Free-To-Play game design, development, and operations
- Ability to cull actionable and meaningful insights from data analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of cohort analysis and control variables
- Strong research and analytical skills with great attention to details
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Solid understanding of the mobile game's environment
- Project management, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience providing qualitative and productive game design feedback.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional/cross-organizational teams
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual in Korean and English is a plus
- Experience designing/operating/analyzing ongoing live operations and planning IAP sales strategy is a plus
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.