Live Games | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
The Associate Producer is responsible for running the successful live game service. This includes executing the vision of the Producer by collaborating with various departments and ensuring the timely, high-quality delivery of game service.
- Responsible for coordination of tasks, resources, dependencies with various internal teams (DevOps, Community, CS, Platform, Infosec, Fraud, QA, Localization, and Content), as well as external teams (Game Developer, third party partners) to deliver on Producer’s objectives in timely manner. This requires understanding of Producer’s long term plans, which the Associate Producer would break down to short-term plans that is shared to all relevant stakeholders. Plans may include but are not limited to: maintenance and QA schedule, compensation plan, and weekly bug triage.
- Owns operations of live service and ensures best play environment possible for the players. Is expected to run any executions to live environment seamlessly and be first on-call in case of emergency, with the goal of keeping minimal downtime.
- Reviews all relevant metrics to gauge health of game (KPI, ban/ticket count, CM report, server stats, etc.) to identify and propose solutions for current and/or potential issues. Collaborate with teams to overcome such issues and improve service and product quality overall.
- Identifies opportunities for both game and internal processes, and proposes methods and plan to best take advantage.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 - 5 years of game production experience
- 1+ year live game experience preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of live and online game player behavior
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of the game industry including emerging trends with a focus on the markets served by Nexon
- Preferably a gamer at heart
- High-level understanding of online environments and processes required to maintain high uptime
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional project and time management
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.