Associate Community Manager – PC/Console
Community | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION/JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Associate Community Manager – PC/Console is responsible for helping to build and manage a strong online gaming community for Nexon’s PC and console titles. This includes moderating and monitoring all community channels, designing community engagement programs, and reporting community issues. The Associate Community Manager – PC/Console also assists other members of the Content team and sometimes updates Nexon’s game websites including generating and publishing web content.
- Provide comprehensive reports on community feedback, issues, concerns and trends to stakeholders in order to address the communities’ needs.
- Constantly monitor and moderate user generated contents within both Nexon-owned (Nexon, Steam forums) and non-Nexon-owned (Reddit, Discord) community channels to maintain positive environments for our players to participate in.
- Actively participate in the creation of content (including assets, events, livestreams, videos, webposts) and messaging to be published through our websites and community channels; lead the design and execution of PC and console games of our community engagement programs with internal teams.
- Manage our relationship with our community partners, such as fan sites, external forums and community destinations for our brands, as well as every volunteer network.
- Consistently stimulate the conversation across all departments regarding Nexon’s community strategy, and ensure all departments are working towards developing a clear and healthy relationship with our communities.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 – 3 years of community management or equivalent experience
- Gaming experience preferred
- Discord, Forums, and/or community tools experience
- Livestreaming experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong ability to self-motivate and schedule one’s tasks accordingly
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good project management and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of marketing and/or game production
- Ability to create and document processes/proposals clearly
- General knowledge of web post formatting, CMS systems / HTML
- Must be able to work effectively both individually and as a team member
- Scheduled and non-scheduled overtime can be required, including weekends
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.