Associate Brand Manager, Mobile
Marketing | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Brand Marketing team is responsible for defining the long-term brand strategy, brand identity and global marketing integration that ensures consistency in messaging across all player touchpoints throughout our specific game service regions.
The Associate Brand Manager, Mobile will be assisting as a Brand champion balancing the brand and marketing strategies while supporting collaboration across multiple internal teams to ensure alignment with development schedules and marketing needs.
Currently, all Nexon staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model will be in place once we resume on-site operations currently scheduled for September 2021.
- Support short and long-term marketing plans and budgets. Assist in analyzing actuals vs. budgets.
- Assist in the execution of marketing strategies for games and focus on user acquisition and retention
- Support communication and managing of external agencies, media and creative, on campaign status and upcoming plans
- Support work with cross-functional teams to build promotional materials for upcoming new titles and game content. Assist in managing schedules to ensure deadlines are met and check quality to ensure that goals of promotional materials are met.
- Assist in the creation of content (trailers, materials, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 1-3 years of marketing experience in Product Marketing and/or Brand Management roles
- Experience bringing games to market, including assisting building compelling marketing plans, creating/improving a brand, working for internal groups and/or external agencies
- In-depth knowledge of online game market/games as a service model, and understanding of virtual goods
- Excellent eye for iconic creative and ways to stand out in a crowded digital landscape
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA strongly preferred
- Digital marketing and/or retail landscape experience
- Passion for entertaining people and excited to be part of a team that works the same way.
- Application of critical thinking and analysis to projects and workflow.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand.
- Must be self-motivated and prepared to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment in a global company.
- Very organized with excellent time-management and project management skills.
- Ability to take direction, be solution-driven and manage priorities with self-sufficiency with potential remote team members.
- Experience managing projects with cross-functional teams.
- Adept at managing up and in partnership with a complex matrix of partners across regions.
- JIRA, Confluence, and/or other project management tools (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office & Google Suite experience.
- Passionate about mobile games.
NOTE: Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.