Kitchen | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
New York Food Company is considered one of the top catering and event planning firms in the South Bay. During our 29 years in business, we have built a reputation for quality customer service, excellent food, and beautiful venues. We are currently seeking Cooks to join our Kitchen Team. This is a full-time role; Sunday – Thursday in the afternoon.
* Properly execute all recipe procedures
* Prepare a variety of foods with different methods of preparation
* Follow company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
* Complete assigned prep work to stock and set up stations
* Work with a team to ensure production needs are met.
* Monitor freshness and rotate product based on the set shelf life.
* Assists in food prep items during downtime
* Maintain excellent communication throughout with fellow cooks.
- Prior culinary experience
- Great knife skills
- Detail Oriented
- Able to work independently
- The ability to stand for 8 hours shift.
- The ability to lift 50lbs.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player that will jump in wherever needed
- Excellent customer service a must!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour