Senior WordPress Engineer - Remote
Engineering | Remote, APAC | Temp to Full Time
NewVariable is looking for a Senior Engineer with WordPress experience to join its engineering team. This is a remote position but you should be located or ready to work in some overlap with the Americas region (North or South America).
Engineers at NewVariable work on enterprise-level projects for clients across the globe. Past and current clients include agencies, charities and not-for-profits, and other enterprise companies. You will be working on technically-complex client projects with a team of experienced Developers and Project Managers from around the world.
You should be familiar with the tools required for development projects. This includes a good understanding of Git, conflict resolution, local development environments, PHP configuration, following coding standards, and general computer maintenance and security.
This is a Remote Position, Feel free to contact us on jobs [at] newvariable.com if you have any questions.
- Design and develop complex WordPress plugins and/or themes primarily using PHP.
- Help other engineers and provide code reviews and feedbacks.
- Drive strategy and lead the technical vision for large projects.
- Leverage WordPress APIs and extend the WordPress admin experience.
- Solve complex problems in simple ways.
- Solve bugs and address client issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Juggle current projects with incoming tasks.
- Respond directly to clients courteously and clearly.
- Solve client challenges with understanding and empathy.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment.
- Deploy changes to live servers.
- Assist in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of client sites.
- In-depth understanding of engineering with WordPress
- Ability to debug your own code and that of others
- Experience in using debugging tools
- Strong understanding of HTML5 & CSS
- Experience in versioning technologies such as Git
- Knowledge of interacting with RESTful APIs
- Ability to set up local development environments
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to manage your workload and juggle multiple tasks
- In-depth understanding of performance considerations
- In-depth understanding of security considerations
- Ability to architect complex subsystems
- Remote working experience
- In-depth knowledge of Gutenberg block development and WordPress editor react components.
- Flexible working hours
- Time to contribute to open source
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want