Website Front End Developer
Creative | Washington, DC | Full Time
New Signature is seeking a talented Website Front End Developer to join our team of experts at our downtown DC office. New Signature combines strategic thinking, distinctive design, and emerging technologies to deliver innovative websites that consistently breaks new ground. New Signature designed and produced websites have won 30+ awards over the last three years, included the Webby Awards, W3 Awards, Communicator Awards, Interactive Media Awards and Davey Awards. In 2010, New Signature received the National Capital Business Ethics Award.
As a member of New Signature's award-winning interactive division you will work collaboratively with New Signature's clients to build their Internet presence, and develop our own commercial and open source apps. Our approach is to blend robust functionality with practical usability to create an exceptional user experience. We constantly push the envelope with new discoveries and innovations in the world of rich Internet application development. Examples of our own apps include jCoverFlip, WP Easy Post Types, WP Jalapeno and C2C Jalapeno.
Examples of our client work includes: ioby, Food & Water Watch, Factory Farm Map, Inside IRAN, Working America’s Not Your ATM, AAAS MemberCentral, Oceana’s Adopt-A-Creature Storefront, and AFL-CIO’s Collective Bargaining Facts.
We are looking for an expert who has the following skills and traits.
- Capable of producing unique, and stunning visual website designs that emphasize usability.
Front end develpment expertise in:
- HTML, XHTML and HTML5;
- CSS (including CSS3) and CSS frameworks (e.g., Blueprint or 960 Grid System); and
Expert in theming CMS, blog, and publishing platforms:
- WordPress; or
- other CMS packages.
- Experience with Subversion revision control system.
- Experience with PHP, Ruby, Django, Java, Python, .NET, or other programming/scripting language a plus.
- Understanding and experience using databases a plus.
- Project and/or client management experience a plus.
Specifically, New Signature seeks qualified professionals who:
- smart and intellectually curious,
- enjoy providing the highest level of customer service,
- seek a challenging work experience,
- want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field,
- enjoy working at a growth company with lots of advancement opportunities,
- can work hard while having fun, and
- act in an honest and ethical manner.
BA/ BS degree or equivalent desired.
High school diploma or GED required.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package (including: 2 weeks vacation; sick/personal leave; medical; dental; life insurance; 401k; and short and long term disability insurance), advancement opportunities, dedicated time for education and training, and a fun and exciting office environment.
U.S. Employment Eligibility
New Signature requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States within three days of being employed.